11-28-2013 04:10 PM
55 123
tools
    Yes, it was the Guardian article - it showed up in my Bing news app this morning.
    11-28-2013 05:50 AM
    Take a look at this: What happened to the first generation of Surface? | oion's gallimaufry

I think it is one of the best analysis that I have seen about RT and the Surface devices.
    spyridop, txkimmers and a5cent like this.
    11-28-2013 06:08 AM
    I'm not sure that "next gen" when it comes to Windows RT tablets is worth considering at this point, since there might not be a Surface 3 as we know it.

With Microsoft bringing together the three flavours of Windows 8, I've already seen a newspaper report of Windows RT being killed (as a product) sometime next year.

But yes, internet sharing with WP works just fine.
    That Guardian article is sensationalist click bait, Microsoft are merging Windows RT and Windows Phone they aren't killing off Windows RT. What this means is that your phone and tablet will be able to run the same software but have an interface that suits the device it's running on.

Microsoft are more likely to kill off the 32-bit version of Windows since nearly all processors are 64-bit these days.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-28-2013 07:56 AM
    My S2 completely changed my mind about tablets in general (to the better). I have found the negative press around the Surface 2 so bizarre, I have pretty much written off reviews on any major tech news site completely. All I can think is, if I could do such a 180 on tablets after trying out an S2, how can they not see what a cool device it is? I find it baffling. I hope you go ahead and get the device...remember you will probably know what you think within a day or two of using it, and it it's not for you, just return it. That was my plan and it became clear to me that there was no way I could take mine back.

Just one thing to note..if you need macros or VBA in Excel, don't get the S2. That is one thing lacking in the versions of Office applications that come with the device, and I know a few people who find that to be a dealbreaker for them.
    Last edited by txkimmers; 11-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    11-28-2013 03:38 PM
    Take a look at this: What happened to the first generation of Surface? | oion's gallimaufry

I think it is one of the best analysis that I have seen about RT and the Surface devices.
    This is great, and LOL at the description of the desktop as "vestigial".
    11-28-2013 04:10 PM
55 123