My Black Friday

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have never done a Black Friday before. I have no desire for crowds, lines, or the cold. I showed up at a local staples about 15 minutes before opening. I had read on their web site that they didn't price match on Black Friday but when I got in the store there were price match signs all over. After I got my Surface I asked about the price match and they said this was the first year they would price match on Black Friday. So I showed them a Microcenter flyer and got it for $179.

One year ago this was $599. I can't believe I got one for $179..........Amazing.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have never done a Black Friday before. I have no desire for crowds, lines, or the cold. I showed up at a local staples about 15 minutes before opening. I had read on their web site that they didn't price match on Black Friday but when I got in the store there were price match signs all over. After I got my Surface I asked about the price match and they said this was the first year they would price match on Black Friday. So I showed them a Microcenter flyer and got it for $179.

Staples is my choice for Black Friday shopping.Several years ago a customer in line in front of me got a price match from a Best Buy flyer. At Best Buy it's virtually impossible to get a computer or some other device because you're competing with shoppers going for games and other software.

This year I was going to go to Staples Thursday evening, but Wednesday night around midnight they put their Black Friday deals online, with free shipping. I was after a Christmas gift for my wife, so waiting a couple days was no issue. I clicked Purchase, and stayed home Thursday evening. Win for me!

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the Surface RT from Microsoft. It's replacing my 1st Gen iPad. So even with all the bad press it has gotten, it's still a big upgrade for me. Also it should play nice with my Xbox, Lumia 920, and Windows 8.1 PC.

wizkids0

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I picked one up at best buy on Thursday haven't used it much yet but I'm glad I got it and overall very pleased with its performance. I just wish I could view texts synched with my windows account

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12