Can't buy Surface 2 anywhere online since Thursday 28th

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
No. Staples is out. First thing this morning it looked like both were available because the Add to Cart button was active. It wasn't before. I was so happy because they have a 10% off coupon out. But, as soon as you try to add to cart you get a message they are out of stock.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Medical Arts was a bust. Back-ordered with a January delivery date. Order cancelled. Really prefer 32 GB and save $100. Search continues.

jdom

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 64 GB's coming tomorrow
keeping one
selling the other on ebay for $675 as I type
they are in very high demand

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Just for kicks I just went out to Best Buy's site again and they are sold out again. Spoke to CDW rep last night when I was still searching and was told they have about 1,700 32gb S2s coming in mid-month and already had about 300 back orders to fill from that stock.

Kenbrad

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
For kicks I checked CDW again this afternoon... they show the 64GB Surface 2 in stock. Mine was shipped yesterday and it is on its way!

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
CDW said they had 6 units (64gb) left as of right before their close of business. It was the 32gb that were back ordered. I couldn't justify the extra $100 and shipping was outrageous on top of it.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Most believe they are holding the stock back until they can figure out how to fix the massive NVidia display driver glitch that crashes the units over and over and leaves these things useless. The fix is being promised for Dec 10th. If stock returns right after that, then we are right on. Disgusting how they are hiding this issue from everyone though.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If that is true then that's messed up. They have such a small fan base (which I am with a surface RT and a lumia920) that could get smaller with stunts like this

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Most believe they are holding the stock back until they can figure out how to fix the massive NVidia display driver glitch that crashes the units over and over and leaves these things useless. The fix is being promised for Dec 10th. If stock returns right after that, then we are right on. Disgusting how they are hiding this issue from everyone though.

It sounds like Nvidia has some work to do for Windows 8.1 in general. After updating to 8.1, my desktop PC with an Nvidia card crashed regularly. Sometimes just the driver would crash and recover, other times I would get a BSOD. Numerous driver updates did not fix it, so I just bought a new ATI card instead. No problem so far.

I'm looking to buy a Surface 2 myself and hope they fix it for everyone.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like Nvidia has some work to do for Windows 8.1 in general. After updating to 8.1, my desktop PC with an Nvidia card crashed regularly. Sometimes just the driver would crash and recover, other times I would get a BSOD. Numerous driver updates did not fix it, so I just bought a new ATI card instead. No problem so far.

I'm looking to buy a Surface 2 myself and hope they fix it for everyone.

Hold off on the Surface 2. I've got one and went through 5 (one with a bad screen and the last four with the crashing NVidia driver). The only reason I have a working one, is that after all those return units with the same store (I would bring them back with either pictures, the unit running in a crashed state, or it would crash for them), the asked me to come back the next day and they would make sure I got a working unit. Im not sure where they pulled this last one from, but the promised they used the unit for the day and put it through the ringers and couldn't get it to crash. So far it is finally running right, but the hiding this massive issue is disgusting. These people with faulty Xbox one drives got free games. I want my free Monster head phones for spending about 40 hours of my own time researching the problem on line and reloading windows over and over, and messing with the drivers....all to no avail. Then I dont know how many trips to the Microsoft store (40 minutes each way). And what did I get? Nothing. The store employees were great, but headquarters has essentially give me a giant middle finger.

chrsdrshm

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
The Nvidia Driver crashing is crazy. I got my S2 32GB on release day and I have not had any of the described problems.... I wonder if its a certain batch?

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The Nvidia Driver crashing is crazy. I got my S2 32GB on release day and I have not had any of the described problems.... I wonder if its a certain batch?

Do you have the Netflix app on your S2? If so, try removing it and see what happens. My S2 stopped crashing (at least so far).

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hold off on the Surface 2. I've got one and went through 5 (one with a bad screen and the last four with the crashing NVidia driver). The only reason I have a working one, is that after all those return units with the same store (I would bring them back with either pictures, the unit running in a crashed state, or it would crash for them), the asked me to come back the next day and they would make sure I got a working unit. Im not sure where they pulled this last one from, but the promised they used the unit for the day and put it through the ringers and couldn't get it to crash. So far it is finally running right, but the hiding this massive issue is disgusting. These people with faulty Xbox one drives got free games. I want my free Monster head phones for spending about 40 hours of my own time researching the problem on line and reloading windows over and over, and messing with the drivers....all to no avail. Then I dont know how many trips to the Microsoft store (40 minutes each way). And what did I get? Nothing. The store employees were great, but headquarters has essentially give me a giant middle finger.

Sorry to hear you had bum units, but I'm not sure why you call this a "massive issue" being "hidden" by Microsoft. If it were so wide spread, shouldn't this board or Amazon/BB/Staples be filled with complaints? I don't see such. Also, I thought Microsoft/Nvidia has a fix planned for 12/10, no?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site

They arent doing a very good job at hiding it since everyone here knows about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro