Can't buy Surface 2 anywhere online since Thursday 28th

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to buy a Surface 2 online since Thursday. I work on an American Base overseas could have easily had it shipped to my APO mailbox but it is nowhere. I have checked (since Thursday afternoon) Microsoft store.com, bestBuy.com, Target.com, Walmart.com, and newegg.com and Amazon.com (both selling it at a wicked markup). I wonder if they ALL just had a small stock of Surface 2's and they sold out.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy can transfer stock from one store to another. It took an extra week and 1/2 but it worked for me. The trade-in program is also great. You can get gift card to help pay for your Surface 2 while you are recycling your old stuff.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Best buy says they wont ship yet when I did a store check via zip code, neither of the 3 stores around the zip code have any in stock. Microsoft store.com says out of stock when you try to put a surface 2 in your cart

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Man, that would take forever. Requests can take months, if it ever comes in, sometimes it gets sold to someone else.

blends

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem finding a Surface 2. Best Buy showed available for in store pick-up but none of the stores in NY had any for me to pick-up. Microsoft store in my area was sold out. I ended up ordering one from best buy 's website on Wednesday and I'm hoping it arrives by Tuesday. Right after I placed my order they were out of stock again. Luckily my order has shipped. Staples may still have them in stock. I would've gotten one there if I didn't have a best buy gift card.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Bro, go to staples. I work for one in Manitoba and I've been ordering tons for customers. If they don't have them in stock you can get then to send an email to the buyer to get them to bring one in for you. Takes less than a week to get in

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing being left with so many of the original surfaces, they didn't expect the demand for the 2nd. But you can't sell them if nobody has them. I know when I bought mine, there was a small line to look at them.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Looks like everyone is now out of Surface 2 in both 32 and 64 GB. I'm not finding any Best Buys in NY state, or any other state I've checked has them in stock. Staples had some up until a few days ago, but now they too show out of stock online in both models. I'm glad to see the S2 showing so strong in light of the great offer on original RT (which I did take advantage of for my wife) but it means likely no special deals on the S2 or bundled keyboard offer before Xmas.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine about a month ago. They were not many available then either. Either they are selling good or Microsoft just hasn't made enough. Not sure which yet. It would be a huge shame if Microsoft hasn't made enough. There is clearly more demand then they thought.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine about a month ago. They were not many available then either. Either they are selling good or Microsoft just hasn't made enough. Not sure which yet. It would be a huge shame if Microsoft hasn't made enough. There is clearly more demand then they thought.

My guess is they didn't make so much since they had a 900 million dollar write off for the first surface rt.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Out of stock again. I had one in my cart as part of a bundle but every time I tried to complete the order I received an error that the site had run into technical difficulties.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
My guess is they didn't make so much since they had a 900 million dollar write off for the first surface rt.
The same thing happened with the Zune 80. They had an over abundance of their first gen Zune (Zune 30) and over compensated by underproducing the 2nd gen (Zune 80). History repeats itself.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Loved my Zunes, both 80 and HD. Despite the bad press, and terrible marketing, the Zune was a great, underappreciated device, but served me and all my family well. History repeats itself for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss