Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows an adblocking list that also blocks those annoying ads that are played before YouTube Videos? Since we're in the Surface forum, I'm obviously referring to IE11 in Metro Mode (I guess they also appear in the Desktop Mode of IE but I didn't test this because i don't want to use the Desktop Mode anyways...).

I already did what this video suggests:
    It blocks pretty much everything which is great. But the YouTube ads are still showing up

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS: On my Desktop PC I mostly use Firefox with Adblock Plus (simple add-on for those who don't know it) and said ads are blocked perfectly so it is possible to achieve this...
    12-02-2013 05:02 PM
    Add a couple lists from Internet Explorer Gallery to the tracking protection list. This will block the ad's and make the pages load a little faster.
    12-02-2013 05:41 PM
    to go desktop IE, click on the tools "clog" at the top right, go to Manage Add-ons, then on the left click Tracking Protection, then on the bottom click Get a Tracking Protection List online. Add the Stop Google Tracking.
    12-02-2013 09:44 PM
    to go desktop IE, click on the tools "clog" at the top right, go to Manage Add-ons, then on the left click Tracking Protection, then on the bottom click Get a Tracking Protection List online. Add the Stop Google Tracking.
    Thanks a lot man! It seems that this list really does block those annoying ads!
    The problem I had was the following: I already knew how to get Tracking Protection Lists online. But on the page where all available lists are displayed there were only like five lists and none of them had Google in their title. After reading your post I thought maybe Microsoft shows different lists for different countries. So I changed the ".../de-de/..." in the URL to ".../en-us/..." and there it was!

Thanks again!
    12-03-2013 03:40 AM
    Okay it looks like I celebrated a bit too early. I still get the ads even though the Stop Google Tracking list is activated. Can anyone confirm this or better yet tell me another list?
    12-03-2013 03:50 PM
    Okay it looks like I celebrated a bit too early. I still get the ads even though the Stop Google Tracking list is activated. Can anyone confirm this or better yet tell me another list?
    try the Abine list. I have both the google one and this one turned on at the same time. I don't remember those ads showing up after they were turned on.

EDIT: couldn't find the tracking list on MS site, but found it here: https://www.abine.com/tracker-protection-list/#
    click the "get the list". it says for IE 10 but works with 11 as well.
    12-03-2013 05:53 PM
    try the Abine list. I have both the google one and this one turned on at the same time. I don't remember those ads showing up after they were turned on.

EDIT: couldn't find the tracking list on MS site, but found it here: https://www.abine.com/tracker-protection-list/#
    click the "get the list". it says for IE 10 but works with 11 as well.
    Thanks again, I really appreciate that you take the time to search the web for me :)
    Unfortunately this list doesn't solve the issue either. I guess it's because I am in Germany...YouTube probably has different ad-services for each Country and the German Services aren't in the list(s). Something like that I guess...
    12-04-2013 01:49 PM