I recently got a Surface RT during the $199 black friday sales and I love the device!! It does everything that I need it to do and more! However, when I plugged my iPhone into the machine and it downloaded all of my music on to the device it stored it all in the cloud. I am going to be using my device offline a lot since not everywhere I go has a WiFi connection and I was wondering how to get all of my music downloaded on to the device. I've purchased it all off of iTunes and it is all DRM free, so that shouldn't be a concern.
    12-05-2013 12:28 AM
    When you say stored in the cloud, are you saying that because the track has a cloud next to it? Xbox music used 3 icons re the status of your songs. If a track has a cloud next to it, it means it has been matched by Xbox music and will be available on your device, even when offline and also on any other windows 8/8.1 or rt device you log into via the cloud. If it has a funny looking thing that looks like a dot with some brackets around it, that means it can only be streamed, eg tracks direct from Xbox music. If it had no icon at all, it means it is only available locally on that particular device.
    Hope this helps
    12-05-2013 12:44 AM
    It has the dot and some brackets around it. Is there any way for me to make it be matched by Xbox music?
    12-05-2013 06:36 AM
    It should do it automatically, with a prompt, when you add music to your collection. It won't always match everything as sometimes the odd song isn't available but unless you have obscure music tastes it should match most of it. Make sure cloud matching is turned on by swiping from the right then going to Settings - Preferences. If its off, turn it on, if its already on, turn it off, exit xbmusic, then go back in and turn it on again. Go to where Xbox music lists all of your music, I think its called My Collection?? and there should be a grey box at the top asking if you want Xbox to match your music. That's how it worked for me although some folks on here have had varying success with getting Xbox music to behave the way it should
    12-05-2013 11:05 AM