Surface 2 Question

jrodd09

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am thinking about getting a Surface 2 this xmas since we canadian's haven't seen any news on the Lumia 2520. I have a couple of questions that I would like your help with to lock up my decision:

1. Will Nokia Music or Mix be available on other devices? (Surface 2)?
2. I have an external hd that when plugged in you have to run a unlock file (then prompted to enter your password). Will Surface 2 be able to run this file so I can unlock the device?
3. With the Surface 2 can you download music or files from IE browser? Meaning if I wanted to download a link will it do so and put the allocated file into the music or video folder? I know iPad can't do this.

Hoping the Surface 2 is for me! Heavy music and browser user.

Thanks everyone!

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am thinking about getting a Surface 2 this xmas since we canadian's haven't seen any news on the Lumia 2520. I have a couple of questions that I would like your help with to lock up my decision:

1. Will Nokia Music or Mix be available on other devices? (Surface 2)?

Nokia MixRadio is available everywhere there is Windows RT or 8.1

2. I have an external hd that when plugged in you have to run a unlock file (then prompted to enter your password). Will Surface 2 be able to run this file so I can unlock the device?

It depends on what kind of lock/encryption you have on the HD. More details pls.

3. With the Surface 2 can you download music or files from IE browser? Meaning if I wanted to download a link will it do so and put the allocated file into the music or video folder? I know iPad can't do this.

With Surface, you can download and put files any folder you want. It is a full PC but you only can't install any new desktop application. That is it.

Hoping the Surface 2 is for me! Heavy music and browser user.

Thanks everyone!

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Wow I never knew that you can download songs from internet on the surface . They get saved in Xbox music or you can download them in a folder you wish which you create ?

jrodd09

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

So when I plug in my western digital HD this menu shows up and I need to click unlock file to unlock the device. Is this an .exe file and will I be able to unlock my device on the Surface 2? Or do you think it will auto run and I just need to enter my password?

Here is what comes up when I plug in the HD

Capture.JPG

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
1.- Just to clarify, the Nokia Music on the Surface 2 only allows you to listen 30-sec tracks for free, so it's not quite like the one on Windows Phones, though if you want to purchase a subscription then you will get the full functionality.

2.- Your file looks like a .exe application, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about the Surface 2's chances of running it. Mine works very well with my external HD though.

3.- Yes, you can download any file (music, documents, videos, etc.) to any folder you want, though I prefer to keep my music on a micro SD card, as I bought the 32 GB version, which only has about 20 GB of usable storage space that I would rather use for apps...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss