This is my second day with my Surface 2. I'm loving it. But the mail does not receive emails in a timely manner. I have my hotmail account on my phone too, but when a message is sent to me, I see the notification on my phone but not the Surface. I tried the sync and it still didn't come in.
    Suggestions.
    Thanks in advance
    12-05-2013 01:03 PM
    Wait, is it about not getting the notification or the mail actually not arriving on the Surface? (i.e. when you open the app: is the mail there but you didn't get notified or is it really not there?)
    12-05-2013 02:25 PM
    This is my second day with my Surface 2. I'm loving it. But the mail does not receive emails in a timely manner. I have my hotmail account on my phone too, but when a message is sent to me, I see the notification on my phone but not the Surface. I tried the sync and it still didn't come in.
    Suggestions.
    Thanks in advance
    Check in each of your Hotmail/ Outlook folders on your Surface 2. Recently, the same thing happened to me and I found the offending mail sitting inside the 'Newsletter' folder and I did not receive a notification that it had arrived. Once you move it into the Inbox, you will get an alert saying that henceforth mails like that will appear in your inbox. In my case, that is what I wanted, so I said yes.
    rav16 likes this.
    12-05-2013 03:52 PM