Surface 2 64GB $516.06 and in stock on Staples.com YMMV

Bugrahan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
OK guys, you can thank me now!

This may be YMMV but I believe I know how to reproduce. Follow these steps:

1. Go to staples.com and browse for Surface 2 tablets (Link to the 64GB one: Microsoft Surface 2, 64GB 10.6" Tablet (New) | Staples® )
  2. Right now the ad tracker cookie should be in action, so come back to WPCentral.
  3. Refresh the page until you see the Staples banner on the top of WPCentral, showing the Surface 2 link (see Screenshot 1 below)
  4. Click "Shop now" button and go to Staples.com
  5. There (after 5secs or so) you should see your "Exclusive Offer" for additional savings (see Screenshot 2 below)
  6. Check out and you are welcome!

Screnshot 1:
staples1.png

Screenshot 2:
staples2.png

• REMARK 1: make sure you are not using "inPrivate/inCognito/Private" browser modes as you need tracking cookies to work here.
  • REMARK 2: I am not affiliated with either Staples or WPCentral, but I believe WPCentral earns money anytime you click and/or buy from the ad. So remember you are also supporting WPCentral by doing this!
  • REMARK 3: This method may or may not work for 32GB, but it is currently out of stock.

nlforeman04

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
has anyone actually done this. I tried this trick last night and there were some available so I jumped on and I havent seen any response from staples and it hasnt hit my credit card yet (9 hours later). I have a confirmation number but when i log into my staples account it says that I dont have any purchases right now.

ON a side note. the discount it gave me dropped the price all the way down to 494. If it turns out to be legit it is definitely worth doing.

Thanks in advance.

jdom

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
has anyone actually done this. I tried this trick last night and there were some available so I jumped on and I havent seen any response from staples and it hasnt hit my credit card yet (9 hours later). I have a confirmation number but when i log into my staples account it says that I dont have any purchases right now.

ON a side note. the discount it gave me dropped the price all the way down to 494. If it turns out to be legit it is definitely worth doing.

Thanks in advance.

last night the system could not check inventory
so while you were able to add it to your shopping cart and check out they probably didn't have any in stock,and that why it does show up in your account

nlforeman04

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I guess that makes sense but seems a bit odd. I called customer service and waited for about 45 minutes before giving up and so I shot them an email to see what is going on and to see if they are going to honor the purchase or not.

Thanks.

nlforeman04

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
just in case anybody is still trying this. They gave me a vague response back but it sounds like exactly what jdom said. I don't know why they wouldn't at least acknowledge the order via an email or something like that but they said they had received the order and that the reason they hadn't responded or emailed about it was that they were out of stock. I emailed them back and asked them to flat out acknowledge the order and the sale price and when they think they will have some in stock. I'll let you know what they say.

thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077