Bitlocker question

msweig

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an odd problem with my tablet. A couple weeks ago, about 2 days after I travelled to Japan, my Surface 2 booted up with a request for a bitlocker key (luckily someone had a computer so I was able to access it). I typed in the code, and it allowed me to access the tablet. I've never had this happen before, but just chalked it up to being in a different country, since it appears to be done kind of security thing. When I got back to the US earlier this week I was asked for it again within a day or so of getting back. Since then, it has happened 2 more times (I think, I'm losing count). This is really starting to **** me off.

I've also had several times over the last couple months where the tablet has not restarted when I'm trying to wake it up, and I've had to hold down the power button for 5+ seconds to reboot the thing. The local Microsoft store wasn't able to replicate this problem when I took it in before my trip, and I think they chalked it up to user error. I have no idea I'd the two might be related (hard drive issue?).

Any ideas/thoughts?

msweig

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. That's probably it. I'm pretty sure I recall it finishing an install when I shut it down the night before it first happened. Very annoying; hopefully they come out with a fix soon.

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had similar experiences, tho only one bitlocker lockout. I hope MS can fix this type of behavior soon BC it really kills my confidence in the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss