User Voice for Surface/Windows RT

Winphoner

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey Fellow Surfacers,
I was wondering if there was a popular user voice community that could submit feedback to Microsoft regarding WindowsRT/Windows Store apps and abilities. We have an active one for WindowsPhone, and I think some of those things have been incorporated by Microsoft along the way. It's not perfect, and they can certainly ignore it if they wish, but I think there could be a significant contribution we could make to help us advance the RT/Modern windows situation. Some thoughts I (and many others before me) had:
  • Allow more than just music/sound to run in the background. If we wanted to have background downloads, or I'm sure various other uses that devs could dream up. It could still be based on some restrictions and contracts, but more than what is allowed now
  • Allow more cooperation between apps so that apps can create feeds, or entry points that other apps can push to, or access
  • Allow for apps to have more frequent/more advance tile notifications and updates (I know this is a battery issue, but with some care I think this can be accomplished without impacting battery life)
I'm sure you have more thoughts and ideas for improvements that could let us have a whole new class of apps that can do vastly more than what is possible currently. If Microsoft is serious about phasing out the desktop in the future, then modern apps need to be much more flexible and powerful, and less limited.

This is some

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar