New surface 2 owner- dumb question

rombom

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Had S2 issued by my company, and so far it's pretty neat- really like the hybrid concept where I can basically go into " windows" and office programs!!

Now to my question-

Any way to "jump" to the top of the screen? Such as viewing a long web page, I am near bottom, and I want to instantly scroll to the top. On my iPad I just touch the clock. Not sure what to do on S2?

Thanks in advance!!! I plan to be here a lot trying to learn!!

rombom

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks
Got another question

In the metro web browser, any way to move address bar to the top instead of the bottom? The address on bottom is making me a little nutty. Guess I need to just get used to it

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks
Got another question

In the metro web browser, any way to move address bar to the top instead of the bottom? The address on bottom is making me a little nutty. Guess I need to just get used to it

The metro app isn't customizable. As far as a quick button to go to the top of page, your HOME button takes you to the top of the page. I will say I am an avid Windows 8/8.1 user and a fan of it. When I first jumped from Windows 7 to Windows 8, it took some time to get used to things. That is not meant to be a knock on the OS, just that most people that I hear complain about the OS just dont give it the time to get past the learning curve. Otherwise enjoy the Surface 2, it is a great tablet.

EDIT: A link to Internet Explorer keyboard shortcuts:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/internet-explorer-keyboard-shortcuts#1TC=windows-7

villiansv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Regarding quick scroll to top - you should be able to add a bookmarklet (a bookmark that contains javascript code). I tested this on my desktop IE, so I assume it would work as well on the desktop IE on the Surface 2, though I don't know about Metro IE.

1. Add any bookmark.
2. Right-click it, then edit the address to read

Code:
java script:vo id(fun ction(){win dow.sc roll(0,0)}())

Remove the spaces in the above code, I had to put them in as the forum security settings refuse to post a javascript link, apparently.
3. Clicking this bookmark will scroll to top of the page.

For Metro IE, you may or may not be able to do the same, but the process would be similar.

Edit: Similarly, a bookmarklet containing

Code:
java script:win dow.scro llTo(0,docu ment.docu mentElement.scro llHeight)

WIll scroll to the bottom of a page. Again, remove all spaces from the code.

Edit 2: Works in Metro IE on my desktop PC. Again, I'm sorry that I can't test on the Surface 2, though I expect it would work identically.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire