Surface 2 still sold out?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was going to head with my boyfriend to get the surface 2 today but it is sold out at best buy, unfortunately. As well as staple.

Do you know any stores that might carry it? I am shocked to see that it is still sold out after all this time?

If the Lumia 2520 actually had the keyboard with it, I'd so buy it instead but i need the keyboard now and now mailed to me later. Sigh, i guess we may have to just order it from Microsoft unfortunately.
I can't seem to find a physical store to buy it from here in NC

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Been sold out since Black Friday. MSFT failed miserably with the 1st Gen, so they knew to not make more than what they can sell this time around.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. Finally ended up pulling the trigger and bought a Surface 2 64gb in an opened box on EBay for $500. All the protective wrap was on and I was able to get Microsoft Complete on it (For an additional $99 to the Microsoft Store) to make sure that I didn't run into any problems. I think I got pretty lucky. You can't even find a Surface 2 32gb on Ebay for that price now.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually just picked up a Surface 2 64GB from the Microsoft Speciality Store in Southpark yesterday. They had 2 in stock and I got one.

yep. I was just at that same store last night and saw somebody purchased a Surface 2. You weren't there right before 9pm were you? lol

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have it on good information that MS has put a complete hold on manufacturing Surface units until the new CEO is in place.

I really hope that's not true because I want to get a Surface 2 soon.

I need to buy one from Microsoft because I want the 10% student discount and I doubt that BestBuy would price match (I might get lucky with Staples though). The online Microsoft store has been sold out for a while. Hopefully they restock soon but I guess worst case I'll drive over to the Microsoft store in Beachwood and hope they have it in stock. There's a good deal for one on Craigslist but I want to try to avoid that.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I really hope that's not true because I want to get a Surface 2 soon.

I need to buy one from Microsoft because I want the 10% student discount and I doubt that BestBuy would price match (I might get lucky with Staples though). The online Microsoft store has been sold out for a while. Hopefully they restock soon but I guess worst case I'll drive over to the Microsoft store in Beachwood and hope they have it in stock. There's a good deal for one on Craigslist but I want to try to avoid that.

Microsoft store will have them available, every so often, but they sell out fast. You have to keep checking.

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems everyone is getting to little devices it's pretty much gone instantly every single time they get a shipment, your best bet is to just order it online and you will have one in about 1-3 weeks.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I chatted with a Microsoft Store service rep and they said to keep checking back.

I know that Microsoft is limiting production of these tablets so that they don't have a repeat of what happened with the original Surface RT, but this is really annoying :p

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I chatted with a Microsoft Store service rep and they said to keep checking back.

I know that Microsoft is limiting production of these tablets so that they don't have a repeat of what happened with the original Surface RT, but this is really annoying :p

Annoying indeed! I check every day!

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Guys what can be possible reason for having the s2 out of stock ? Somewhere I get a feeling that they have limited the production because after aquiring nokia they must be thinking of some new strategy .

Is the 2520 readily available ? Or that too is out of stock .

Somewhere I think it's a deliberate attempt to limit production , because MS is not foolish enough to miss the holiday buying season .

Is this situation only in USA or other parts of the world where they have released the s2 dor example uk , Hong Kong , Australia ,and other parts of Europe and Asia ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb