Bing integrated search, very slow on Surface 2

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys!
I just started using the integrated search charm more, and I found it being very very slow, and not at all a very convenient! Its not the Bing results them selves, but how the charm search is advertised as being an easy tool to search anywhere.
What I've experienced that you have to wait for the on screen keyboard to even register your keystrokes, and it can take up to 5-7 secs to even type in a search on 4-5 letters, and on top of that waiting more than 5 secs for the bing search window to open! Also I've experienced that the "instant" search stops searching after 1 or 2 letters being typed, and it can take up to 20 secs for any new results to pop up!
I had a Surface RT from launch day, and I remember it being slow at the integrated search but this is even worse.. and its on much faster hardware. And I don't remember it being this slow always, when I started using the device I remember it being pretty smooth at it.
So now I'm wondering if my device is faulty, I've experienced general slowdowns when switching apps, taking 3-4 secs for apps to resume sometimes, and this is playing around with IE11, Facebook and maybe having 2 more apps open. And I'm wondering if this issue is related to some slow disk performance or something.
Aaaand ijust reset (complete restore) the device to see if this could resolve the issue, where I got the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error, and are stuck with the old NVIDIA drivers.. so wohoo for that! :-/

But I'm wondering, can anyone else replicated this slow search performance, or am i the only one?

Cheers!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems to be quick loading sites however some sites do take a while longer than others.

Check for updates for the device.

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I never really used the search button in the charms menu. But just to check for this problem I did, it was very quick. No slow response by keyboard and autocomplete results were also quick.
So it might just be your surface facing this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro