Surface alternative to Apple TV/Apple Remote App?

ovdgeest

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a first-generation Apple TV (with the built-in hard disk) which I control using the iPad's Apple Remote App. What's really nice is that I can select music to listen to Without having to turn on the TV.

What would be the best alternative for my Surface RT? I.e., a device that I can connect to my PC and amplifier to play movies and music, remotely controlled from my Surface and Windows Phone?

I am not interested in getting an XBOX.

Olaf

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a first-generation Apple TV (with the built-in hard disk) which I control using the iPad's Apple Remote App. What's really nice is that I can select music to listen to Without having to turn on the TV.

What would be the best alternative for my Surface RT? I.e., a device that I can connect to my PC and amplifier to play movies and music, remotely controlled from my Surface and Windows Phone?

I am not interested in getting an XBOX.

Olaf

My setup is like this... A little different from what you're asking... But thought I'd share.

1x Desktop Computer with 4,5 Tb of hdd-space. Set to automatically download tv-shows I follow.
1x Acer Iconia Tab W500 running Windows 8 and XBMC.
1x Lumia 920 with XBMC Remote.
1x Benq Projector + 70 inch "Canvas".

The Iconia-tablet is tucked away behind some furniture and connected through HDMI with the projector. It's then connected wirelessly to a router and through that to the desktop computer that's tucked away in a closet.

This way... The only thing visible really is my projector which automagically has all my shows sorted and named correctly.

I could go further into detail if you are interested? There ought to be an XBMC-remote for your Surface RT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa