VLC Player 2.1

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Anyone know where vlc is right now..... Been hearing abt its release for 3 months.....
Extrapolating information from the developer's blog, the MUI version for Win8 is probably about 1-2 months away. The RT version may be another 1-2 months after that. Just my speculation based on their previous estimates of when they would have things ready.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If it's a knockoff, how can the developer use the same hat icon, and why is it allowed in the app store?

You can report it.

While it sounds counter to logic, I don't believe Microsoft/Apple/etc. have to ensure you have rights to IP to place an app in the store. By you submitting the app you as the developer state you have rights, and unless someone (typically the rights owner) complains, they do not have to remove it... lets face it, it would be really messy, slow and expensive if they had to review each app from that perspective.

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Extrapolating information from the developer's blog, the MUI version for Win8 is probably about 1-2 months away. The RT version may be another 1-2 months after that. Just my speculation based on their previous estimates of when they would have things ready.

On the developer's blog he states they were readying it for store submission by the end of w/c December 2nd, but since then have not made any update. Its frustrating when users are left out in the cold, it can't be hard to take a couple of minutes to write a post updating everyone on the current estimated timeframe.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
On the developer's blog he states they were readying it for store submission by the end of w/c December 2nd, but since then have not made any update. Its frustrating when users are left out in the cold, it can't be hard to take a couple of minutes to write a post updating everyone on the current estimated timeframe.
It's not that it is hard to take a couple of minutes to write about it. It's that they most likely don't know. A last minute bug that was discovered. A store submission issue. Something that seems so quick to resolve and not worth reporting on ends up taking far longer than one expects. As a software developer for many, many years, I'm all too familiar with that possible scenario.

Things only worsen when "fans" promise more than what the developer actually said. Expectations become skewed. This is a perfect example. Too much time has passed from the previous claim of soon to now say "very, very soon". The correct answer is, "we don't know."

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It's not that it is hard to take a couple of minutes to write about it. It's that they most likely don't know. A last minute bug that was discovered. A store submission issue. Something that seems so quick to resolve and not worth reporting on ends up taking far longer than one expects. As a software developer for many, many years, I'm all too familiar with that possible scenario.

Things only worsen when "fans" promise more than what the developer actually said. Expectations become skewed. This is a perfect example. Too much time has passed from the previous claim of soon to now say "very, very soon". The correct answer is, "we don't know."

Whilst I understand that, I then feel that they should come out and just say 'we don't know at the moment'. Communication goes a long way and a lack of it becomes frustrating for the fans / consumers. Even if it's just a tweet. At the moment it's radio silence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99