Miracast on Surface 2

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
So I just bought this item on Amazon Amazon.com: Tronsmart T1000 Mirror2TV Wireless Display HDMI Dongle Support Miracast DLNA EZCAST AirPlay Compatible with Android OS / Apple iOS / Samsung AllShare Cast S3 S4 Note2 Note3 Note10.1 / Google Nexus4 Nexus5 Nexus7 / Amazon Kindle Fire HDX /. It should be arriving next week. For the price and the features I couldn't find anything better. I will update next week after it arrives and I get to test it out.

I am hoping the AirPlay support works as well since my wife has an iPad.

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you connecting it to a TV or a monitor? I been wondering if those work on a monitor so I could have the surface as a workstation when I sit my computer desk .

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I just received the device today. As of now, you must use an android, ios, mac, or install an executable in full windows before you can configure the device and put it in miracast mode. Once I did that, I have yet to be able to get my surface to connect to it. It will see it, but fails to connect.

I will keep trying and update if I have new information.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you try to install it from settings -> devices, I had problems with getting the surface to display the input for the generated pairing code with side swipe -> display method

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720