Need some tech support: can you turn off split screen feature in WIndows Mail?

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Several work colleagues have seen me with my Surface 2 and purchased their own around the holiday period. They think I'm part of the tech support for their devices and I am happy to answer questions when I can. Today, one of these new Surface owners told me about an "issue" they were having that I couldn't help with. This user does not want Windows Mail to automatically open a half screen window when they click on a PDF in an e-mail. I was surprised at this question as I like that feature myself. I've poked around in both PC Settings and within the Windows Mail settings and couldn't find a way to change that. I suspect the best thing for this colleague to do is use Outlook on the desktop instead of Windows Mail. Does anyone know of a way to disable the auto open feature in Windows Mail?

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Based on their comments, I'm guessing they want to be given a choice as to what happens. I don't understand this concern as I think clicking on a photo or a PDF and having the second window immediately pop up is a good feature and is well executed by the OS.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I just grab the middle and pull it where I need it. Full screen, 3/4 screen, or half. I like this feature personally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion