03-15-2014 05:14 PM
28 12
tools
    Windows RT IS windows 8 in virtually all ways except for that it can't run legacy apps. However, if playing Minecraft with your son is important to you, get the surface pro. Then you'll be able to play with him while on the go. :-) just make sure to invest the money in a higher storage capacity model, you'll thank me in a year or so. You could get a refurb for cheap(er).
    Typo
    01-29-2014 09:26 AM
    My Surface RT has almost replaced my Asus notebook and that tells you something. It is a very handy machine and can get things done. I think the mistake many people make is that they compare the RT to the IPad or other Android tablet and by doing so they fail to see the real benefit of this tablet. I used to be carried away by apps and specs but of late I have come to realize that there is a lot more to a tablet that having countless apps that I mostly don't use. That's why I came across the Lumia 521 (My main phone) and continue to stick with my RT. I do have complaints but not enough to force me to abandon it. So in sum it all depends on what you looking for. For me Windows appears to have unified my mobile needs for now.
    03-15-2014 04:55 PM
    Windows RT IS windows 8 in virtually all ways except for that it can run legacy apps. However, if playing Minecraft with your son is important to you, get the surface pro. Then you'll be able to play with him while on the go. :-) just make sure to invest the money in a higher storage capacity model, you'll thank me in a year or so. You could get a refurb for cheap(er).
    Actually, Windows RT is Windows 8 in every sense. RT can run legacy apps. It's fully capable, Microsoft just disabled the feature, but there are ways to enable it. Why do you think Office, and Internet Explorer work on the desktop? The only problem is for any desktop programs to work on RT, they need to be recompiled for ARM processors.
    03-15-2014 05:14 PM
28 12