DNG (RAW) photo files

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone use their Surface 2 to edit photos taken with their Lumia 1020, or other Lumia phone? I'm trying to find an app so I can edit the DNG, or RAW, photo files I've taken. I can select them to open in Fotor, but while trying to open, the app always crashes. So, I assume it can't properly read the DNG files. I guess this RAW format isn't supported in Fotor?

Any thoughts? Or is there a converter app to convert the DNG file to something else?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
To each his own, but why you shooting RAW or DNG with a cell phone? I didn't know they could shoot those formats.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
To each his own, but why you shooting RAW or DNG with a cell phone? I didn't know they could shoot those formats.

They say the best camera you have is the one with you - and if the camera you have with you can shoot a 38MP RAW photo....even better for the photographer in terms of post-processing :D

Garrett Jimenez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat at the OP....Fotor crashes when trying to open a DNG file. And fhotoroom is as well useless. I think were stuck, Dirigent82 :eek:rly:

interiorlulu

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Looking for something to do this too. I have an 8.1 tablet so can run photoshop elements but its a bit fiddly on a small screen, an app based interface would be good.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, the photo editing apps available don't have DNG support yet. Unless one of them has been updated recently to add it. I currently use a workaround right now by using a free online image converter. I convert to JPEG and can then use whatever photo app I want.

This is probably similar to what the photo app would do anyway. They would need to convert the DNG to JPEG or whatever file choice you like. I just can't do batch conversions with the online converter.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Windows 8.1 RT really needs a programm like "Paint Shop Pro".

It's time for MS to update MS Paint with more modern features. Fresh Paint, while cool for experienced artists, does nothing for basic photoshopping. I use pixlr.com, which works a lot better since installing the Spring Update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte