10-29-2016 09:21 AM
28 12
tools
    I bought a new RT on ebay with my tax refund. It came with a warranty. Once it arrived, it was great. Pristine condition and it loaded all the updates beautifully. I downloaded a few apps like Netflix where I could check out video playback. That's where I ran into the problem. Playback was pixelated and green. Tried going to the website thinking maybe the app was faulty, but had the same problem. Tried sideloading a few videos onto the micro card and watching it through different video apps found in the store which I had to download. Same results.

I phoned MS and told them my problem. They spent the next two days trying to help work out my problem by calling me back and seeing out the solutions they were suggesting were working. Finally, it was decided that I had a bad graphics card. They told me to send my RT back and they would send me another. Shipped it off through UPS and about a week later, I received my refurbished RT from MS. Honestly, it was in great condition. No scratches to the screen or body and once I installed all the updates and loaded my apps onto it, it worked perfectly. Video playback was wonderful and I havent had a problem with it since.

A couple days after I received my RT in the mail, I had a MS rep call me back to find out how the device was doing and if there was anything else they could do for me. This was absolutely THE best customer service I received from any company. They took the time to help and I was pleased that they even did a follow-up call. Will definitely buy from MS again.
    berty6294 and RajeevT like this.
    09-16-2014 08:46 AM
    I bought a new RT on ebay with my tax refund. It came with a warranty. Once it arrived, it was great. Pristine condition and it loaded all the updates beautifully. I downloaded a few apps like Netflix where I could check out video playback. That's where I ran into the problem. Playback was pixelated and green. Tried going to the website thinking maybe the app was faulty, but had the same problem. Tried sideloading a few videos onto the micro card and watching it through different video apps found in the store which I had to download. Same results.

I phoned MS and told them my problem. They spent the next two days trying to help work out my problem by calling me back and seeing out the solutions they were suggesting were working. Finally, it was decided that I had a bad graphics card. They told me to send my RT back and they would send me another. Shipped it off through UPS and about a week later, I received my refurbished RT from MS. Honestly, it was in great condition. No scratches to the screen or body and once I installed all the updates and loaded my apps onto it, it worked perfectly. Video playback was wonderful and I havent had a problem with it since.

A couple days after I received my RT in the mail, I had a MS rep call me back to find out how the device was doing and if there was anything else they could do for me. This was absolutely THE best customer service I received from any company. They took the time to help and I was pleased that they even did a follow-up call. Will definitely buy from MS again.
    Word for word how my exchange went with my first Surface RT almost a year and a half ago!
    Celandine likes this.
    09-16-2014 08:57 AM
    talking to them right now, 3 days used surface tablet and they want to replace mine with a refurbished; sending it to the retailer would cost too much since I'm living abroad ( uk for studies) they keep bouncing me around and even tried to justify it by saying I agreed to this by agreeing to their rules and regulations when I started my device. and they say its standard business procedure
    edit: more than 15 minutes without a reply; convo has been going on for an hour now; mostly then trying to convince me used docent mean. its not good.
    Last edited by Abdulrahman al-mathkor; 10-29-2016 at 09:39 AM.
    10-29-2016 09:21 AM
28 12