Type Cover Rubbing Off On Back of Surface

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, a couple months ago I noticed that my purple Type Cover seems to have discolored the plastic panel that houses the camera on the back of the Surface 2. Has anyone else encountered this? This in combination with the crazy amounts of reboots I have to do when the Surface doesn't wake from sleep have me wondering if I should try for a replacement.

Here's a picture: http://1drv.ms/1foBlJj

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Wow! That does seem odd. I have also have the purple Type Cover 2 which I use with my Surface 2, but I don't see anything like this happening on my device (touchwood!) as yet! And, no, I don't have constant (or 'crazy amounts of') reboots.

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My surface 2 with a cyan type 2 cover is a week old , the only problem I have is the back of the fleece like material gets dirty soon . Any idea how you guys key the back of the cover clean ? Is there any way to clean the dust marks which I think by time can make the back of the cover look quite dirty and eventually very ugly .

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input! Do you have any reboots?

No...I can't say that I have experienced any reboots. The only time I have had to reboot is when the updates demand it, which has not happened recently. I did have a driver problem though, which I (hopefully) was able to fix. But that too I have not experienced in recent times (touch wood again!). As for your reboots, have you tried to reset the device? And, failing that, have you tried to nuke the OS and reinstall again (going through PC Settings)? Based on what I have read here and elsewhere, sometimes this helps. Of course, it is a pain to reinstall all apps etc. again, but it may be worth the effort.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
After reading this I just realized that I'm having the exact same problem with my purple type cover having transferred some color to that housing as well. Can't seem to get it off. I might try taking a run in to the nearest Microsoft store and see what they say.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Quick update, I contacted Microsoft by chat last night about this issue. They have approved a new replacement for me. I was quite surprised, although it may have something to do with the fact that I had contacted them previously about how warm it would get at times while in use.

If you are having a rebooting issue as well, then it might be worth a shot contacting them about a replacement.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Quick update, I contacted Microsoft by chat last night about this issue. They have approved a new replacement for me. I was quite surprised, although it may have something to do with the fact that I had contacted them previously about how warm it would get at times while in use.

If you are having a rebooting issue as well, then it might be worth a shot contacting them about a replacement.

Hey thanks for looking into that! I've hesitated to contact them since the color issue doesn't hinder any functionality, and because I did drop my Surface and make a dent, and I guess I've been a little afraid they'd think I'm trying to pull something over on them... you've convinced me to try to exchange it though. Thanks again for updating us on that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre