SkyDrive to OneDrive on Surface 2?

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
On my Surface 2 SkyDrive is still called, well, SkyDrive. I was wondering if you guys' Surfaces have updated the app and desktop application to OneDrive automatically and if not how to do it?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
On my Surface 2 SkyDrive is still called, well, SkyDrive. I was wondering if you guys' Surfaces have updated the app and desktop application to OneDrive automatically and if not how to do it?

Unlike on Windows Phone, on Windows 8.1 SkyDrive is not a stand alone app but is baked into the OS. It will become OneDrive next month when Update 1 is released. That's why Microsoft is making some of its apps stand alone apps, like they did with the new xBox music app on Windows Phone, so it is easier and faster to update them.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I tweeted Mary Jo Foley about this after my phone updated and my Surface didn't. She said Microsoft announced the Surfaces wouldn't get updated during the next "major" update.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I tweeted Mary Jo Foley about this after my phone updated and my Surface didn't. She said Microsoft announced the Surfaces wouldn't get updated during the next "major" update.

I think you are misunderstanding. From what I know, SkyDrive (and Win 8.1 in general) becomes OneDrive on the Surface with the scheduled update in April sometime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon