Who activated the 200 GB of free storage with the surface 2?

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I just activated the 200 GB of free storage last nite on me and my wife's surface 2.
It worth it even when we have to start paying a $100 a year is a great price for all that storage!:excited:

Gawain

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just activated the 200 GB of free storage last nite on me and my wife's surface 2.
It worth it even when we have to start paying a $100 a year is a great price for all that storage!:excited:

The storage is free for two years, so yes it is worth it I think. Also, Bing has a promo where 100 Bing points gets you 100GB of storage for a year too. Microsoft is always giving away storage on OneDrive too, so go for it. At some point, the redemption code won't work (90 or 120 days after purchase I think?).

Right now with all the different promos, etc. I've got a little over 350GB of space, and I'm using half at this point. That means as old promos expire and new ones come up, I will probably be in okay shape. However, I am happy enough with the OneDrive integration in Windows 8.1 that probably will not have much of an issue paying for space if it comes to that. Microsoft's rates are way better than Dropbox and competitive enough with Box.

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thought I heard somewhere that they will allow you access to anything you have uploaded during the 2 year period forever at no additional charge. So you could have access to 200 GB of data for free....you just probably couldn't add to it. I wonder if you could replace?

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I activated mine a while back it great going to look into increasing my storage.
I think it was a great price for the surface 2 so does my wife I got one for her and she loves it better than her kindle fire winch died a long time ago.
I told she'll be able to do all her resume's on here and she loves that idea.
Also really loving all that extra storage for 2 years I activated both mine and my wifes.��

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
When the 200gb expires in 2 years you only pay if you want it to continue. If not, anything you upload will still be there, you just cant add more things.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Sitting at 230GB here with my 7GB starter, the 3GB camera roll bonus, the 20GB "loyalty" bonus and the 200GB for two years from my Surface 2.

grant.palin

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
How does the extra space get activated? Is there a code printed on paper in the box, or is it presented when starting or registering the device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss