Best support ever

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I just figured I'd give this story, since it makes me happy to know. I started to have some issues with my Surface. There is a crack in the screen, the speakers started to crackle at times, and I was having weird WiFi issues.

I chatted with Microsoft Support, and now I get to take it into. FedEx store tomorrow. They're paying for it to be shipped, and they'll ship a new one when they get it.

No fuss, no problem, no trying to get out of it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I wish it was like that for my Xbox One controller. They refuse to pay shipping unless I fulfill the plan I have on it.

I have has awesome support for the Surface side of things!

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Congrats, Michael. I have the Complete coverage on mine; did you have this or just the standard warranty? Thanks and enjoy your brand new RT.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Especially impressive, and with only a chat session. Thank you.

I'm beginning to think that I got lucky and ran into somebody who really wanted to help. They could have just told me no, it would have made sense as my secondary complaint came after the complaint about the screen.

Also, beginning to think there was more wrong with it. My battery life drains less, it heats up less, and the screen is more responsive. Oh, and my speakers now work really well.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I had to get my replaced under warranty. I did the option where you give them a credit card and they ship it, then you ship yours back. I got it in two days and returned the old one and they removed the pending charge. I'm very pleased with the service.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I had to get my replaced under warranty. I did the option where you give them a credit card and they ship it, then you ship yours back. I got it in two days and returned the old one and they removed the pending charge. I'm very pleased with the service.

That wasn't an option for me, no credit card and my account doesn't have 350$ in it at this point. ;)

I'm glad Microsoft is showing their good side with support, though.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
A good company would also want your unit to send it to their lab to examine what went wrong with it, and to learn: a textbook quality control strategy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb