Good video/voice recording app?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello again guys! I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel/podcast, and using my Surface RT as a recording device. However, I don't know any such apps or ways to do so. Any ideas? Thanks!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mmmm...

Can't you just use the crappy front camera on the RT for podcasting or videoing\editing for a YT channel?
I'd most likely just use a phone or better web\video camera for this.

Guess it depends on what kind of quality you'll want for your video uploads.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Mmmm...

Can't you just use the crappy front camera on the RT for podcasting or videoing\editing for a YT channel?
I'd most likely just use a phone or better web\video camera for this.

Guess it depends on what kind of quality you'll want for your video uploads.
What would be a good way to record them on my 920?

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
If you record with the surface camera be sure to have some good lighting on you and it won't be bad.
Low light = grainy video.

The only thing that is really lacking in this device is the camera that is nowhere as good as the modern smartphones.

It seems to work ok for Skype so if you're going to just do a YouTube blog/vlog thing it will be fine.
Just get before a solid background and have some lighting coming from behind the surface and shining on you.

Good lighting well help this camera.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
oogar.png

The mic is pretty good so if you're doing audio, that'll work fine. When I need to type the minutes of a meeting, I type in Word on one side and sound recorder on the other side. The audio is surprisingly good if in a quiet room. The mic picked up everyone loud and clear!

The default video recorder does 720P and it's fine. Not great but not terrible. Try it out and see if you like it. At the windows lock screen, instead of swiping up to go to the password, swipe down to bring up the camera app. flip to the front camera and record. or run the camera app from the start screen of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs