Touch Cover stopped working

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My touch cover has stopped working. Connection is working fine, but none of the keys are working. It just happened out of the blue. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Has anyone tried to get a replacement from Microsoft? I think it's not yet one year old so I don't think it's going to be a problem...

Experiences please. Thanks in advance.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have had something similar happen. The keys on my Touch Cover stopped working, but the track pad was working fine. It's an easy fix: Charms->Settings->Change PC Settings->Update and Recovery->Recovery->Refresh. Wait for all of the updates to reinstall themselves and it should work.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
For me it's not only the keys, it's everything. When I want to type something, the on-screen keyboard comes up even though the touch cover is connected. It's as if the cover doesn't exist at all.

just spoke with Microsoft support. They tried to connect me to surface support but couldn't get through. So I'm goring to try again in awhile and see if I can get anywhere with this.

fkiehner

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
My touch cover also stopped working. I have discovered, in my case, that if I push the keyboard toward the surface so that it sort of bends up, it works.
What I think has happened is that from folding it behind the surface a lot, the ribbon cable has developed an open in it.
My solution was to take 2 of the little black binder clips and put them on the keyboard and the surface to hold it in the 'bent' position and this has fixed the problem.
It also has allowed me to have a keyboard that is angled and not flat on the table which makes for easier typing.
If you need more info, feel free to drop me a line and I can send pictures if my descriptive ability does not quite get you there.
Hope this helps.
Frank K
East Prospect, Pa.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12