Upgraded from Surface RT

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I went from an RT to a 2 and I noticed the same thing. Changing the email setting from "as it arrives" to "once per hour" dramatically improved battery life on the 2.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to have better battery life. i take it to work and use it all day. I don't even take the power cord with me. When I get home, I'm just under half.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I went from an RT to a 2 and I noticed the same thing. Changing the email setting from "as it arrives" to "once per hour" dramatically improved battery life on the 2.

That's the thing! I use same settings as i used with Surface RT and according to Microsoft website Surface 2 should have better battery life and that's not happening!

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
With touch or type cover in? And Bluetooth?

I seem to have the same experience as Jazmac. I get about 8-9 hours of battery while working on at least one Word document (usually it is two documents - Word and PowerPoint), OneDrive app open, browser open (with at least 2 tabs) from time to time (note: This is important because browsing eats up battery life more than most other things apparently), brightness is always at around 40-45% with adaptive lighting on, Bluetooth off, most live tiles off except for Calendar, Mail, and one news app (either News Bento or Flipboard), Type cover always hooked up. Wifi always on (and sometimes - say 50% of the time I am tethering to my phone). Recently, I have started using the Windows Arc Mouse (USB version not the Bluetooth version) but I don't know if that makes a difference - AFAIK, it should not.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
With touch or type cover in? And Bluetooth?

Type cover and bluetooth mouse. And I deliberately left the power cord home during the first month to know if the battery would stand up to my normal work day. On those days I go in on a Saturday, I can even get a movie in and have about a third of the battery left when I get home.

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

which email client do you use? I use outlook. is the setting in outlook so I can change it as you have done?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa