Battery uncharged for nearly a month

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! This may seem like a silly question, but I remember having a particularly annoying experience with an iPod many years ago when I left it dead for almost three months.

I went upstate to visit a family member on the weekend, and I brought my Surface. Thing is, me being me, I completely forgot it there. She lives 1.5 hours away, but going back up there is a nuisance and out of the question. Obviously she could ship it down to me, but she's very busy and I feel badly making her do that. Additionally, I feel uncomfortable having my Surface handled by USPS when she doesn't have any bubble wrap. Option 2 is that she's coming to visit my family the last weekend of April, so she could bring it down then. Question is, would leaving the tablet uncharged (dead) for that long be very harmful to the battery? I remember reading somewhere that this could be detrimental to battery longevity.

Obviously having her ship it seems like a no-brainer, but again, I'd hate to inconvenience her.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Battery of surface 2 should last 2 weeks from 100% , I had similar situation with my iPad which I forgot at resort last vacation , I contacted them and they shipped it in almost a month , I remotely wiped out all the data. But when it arrived at my place it was dead , even after connecting it to a charger didn't turned on but after 10-15 min it showed the apple logo and I was home screen , I took 7 hours to completely charge it without disturbing / using tablet. I would recommend you to have a look at this page :- Microsoft Surface RT or Surface 2 won’t turn on | Surface RT or Surface 2 won’t turn on | , chances are battery must be completely dead , so it might take some time to get it refreshed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234