Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from the M-Store at the Galleria mall.

My neighbor had asked me a few weeks ago about a tablet for simple tasks.
I showed him my original RT and tried my best to point out the attributes of the iPad along with the many Android choices.

Well he asked me more about my tab and I said let's just slide up to the Microsoft store to see what's happening.
He's at home now sporting the 8 Pro 128 with keyboard and all happy as a pig in ... well you know.
Easy transition for my friend\neighbor being a maverick and WP user.

Never played with one myself, yet I am very impressed!
A very very nice package.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got back from the M-Store at the Galleria mall.

My neighbor had asked me a few weeks ago about a tablet for simple tasks.
I showed him my original RT and tried my best to point out the attributes of the iPad along with the many Android choices.

Well he asked me more about my tab and I said let's just slide up to the Microsoft store to see what's happening.
He's at home now sporting the 8 Pro 128 with keyboard and all happy as a pig in ... well you know.
Easy transition for my friend\neighbor being a maverick and WP user.

Never played with one myself, yet I am very impressed!
A very very nice package.

Awww man now you're making me want one :p

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The neighbor noted to me that his lady friend with the appL slate had no idea that a Windows tablet even existed!
She evidently really enjoyed the familiarity of the Windows screen saying the iPad was functional yet not really a favorite for desk use.

Remember we are talking nongeeks in the over 6 decade range.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The $499 Surface Pro is very popular, especially with law students. Now if the Surface Pro made a debut on shows such as Suits and Good Wife, I guarantee you it'd be a mad popular device in the legal industry. That's basically urban professional territory and a great way to corner in on iOS and Mac.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok no real story, I just went and bought one, I could have gone for any of the Windows tablets, the Surface 2 and Nokia 2520 where on my radar but I looked at the spec and thought, if I go for the Surface 2 it will be the 64 gig version at ?359, the Surface Pro is sitting alongside it for ?499 it comes with 128 gig, full blown 8.1 and a keyboard chucked in for free, if I wanted the Surface Pro 2 it would have cost me ?400 more if I wanted a keyboard, the result I am also as happy as a pig in......

The wife kept on looking at it so I ended up buying her the Surface 2, for her the extra lightness, less complication and extra battery life are the winners, I can cope with the less battery life.

For me the power of the device held in your hands is awesome, I can see both our laptops which we now consider our desktop equivalents getting much less use, especially as we are both into our Nokia phones and used to the slickness of touch screens (My laptop is a touch screen, but the Surface is just great).

Bob

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I try and poke my laptop screen at work sometimes... The surface just can't cut work use for me yet, I'm a network engineer and need a stiff keyboard/monitor to hold one hand and use kb shortcuts for router/switch programming and at least 2 usb ports.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Ewww Galleria...

I took my ma there she came in a few weeks ago from SC and asked if she should get an iPad or Galaxy Tab and I was like do you know Surface?

So I took here there to the Galleria even though I wanted to go to the Woodlands and she walked out with a Surface

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon