Screen names?

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok, what do you call which of these screens?

The one with the moving, changing ones is tiles and its the main screen?

Swipe in from the right to the left and you get a pop out for settings. What is that?

Swipe from the bottom up and you get a bunch of uniform squares with names in alphabet order. What is that?

On the above screen if you swipe in from right to left you see more uniform icons that look like parts to a control panel. What is that screen?

Lastly you click the windows logo on the outer edge of the frame bottom center and you see something tha tlooks like the familiar windows desktop. What is that screen called? Desktop?

Thanks.

Noob.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The first one is called live tiles . It gives you updated information such as new tiles gives you news updates weather reports on weather tile messaging etc. Its the main screen which is displayed when you boot up your pc

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The second one is settings option. It gives you customisation options regarding the specific app which is open. For example if you open desktop then settings will have options for network, controlpannel etc , if you open the start screen by clicking the start window button it will give options for changing tile sizes app tiles personalisation settings etc

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

mondokjm

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The "Start Screen" is the area where you have your pinned tiles, be they store apps or desktop applications.
The pop out menu on the right is called the "Charms Bar"
The screen that shows everything installed on your device is the "Apps List"
And you got the last one right, its the Desktop.

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Ugh, thats 13 minutes Ill never get back. :evil: If win 8 was designed for tablets, why are camera apps lacking? I watch part 1 & 2 and nothing about how to activate either a front or rear camera or apps. Think Ill stick with xp on the desktop. :smile:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Ugh, thats 13 minutes Ill never get back. :evil: If win 8 was designed for tablets, why are camera apps lacking? I watch part 1 & 2 and nothing about how to activate either a front or rear camera or apps. Think Ill stick with xp on the desktop. :smile:
I am using windows 8.1 on my desktop. The starts screen has the camera tile through which you can access the camera app. I also seen it in the windows 8 version. I think you should check out your start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes