IE sluggish after this weeks updates?

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed their Surface (1) acting sluggish after any updates this week?
My surface is generally very snappy and quick on the web pages I frequently visit.
The last few days it seems to be behaving very sluggish in IE and the only thing I can think that is different is it asked me to restart a few days ago to apply updates.
Anyone else have this going on?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I see this also.

Wanted to say the desktop browser was snappy right after updating.
Then I noticed today after checking YouTube and WPC on Mobile Nations the browser was definitely back to slow performance.
I try to use UC browser but it kind of drives me nutz the way it's laid out.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
What updates? Aside from the usual Windows Defender updates, I have not got any updates for anything on my Surface 2. Or, is this only for the original RT - should not be as you say it for IE. Very odd.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine also updated yesterday or Thursday, and I don't notice any slow-down at all based on tests/checks I just did of several sports, music, youtube, and shopping sites. It may be faster, particularly in my ability to start scrolling before certain pages have fully loaded, but it's probably just still fast.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Try to uninstall the update that was on the 24th and reset IE settings to default in Control Panel-> Internet Options. You could add Easylist or ****** to Tracking Protection list in Tools->Manage add-ons to stop ads and speed up IE.
http://www.******.co.nz/ie.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven