Outdoor Readability/ Visiblitiy

Nabru2

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have one final inquiry before I purchase this tablet. I'd like to know how good is the outdoor visibility.
I read a bunch of review where it says Microsoft promises great visibility, but no actual impressions were posted.

Thank you!

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I have one final inquiry before I purchase this tablet. I'd like to know how good is the outdoor visibility.
I read a bunch of review where it says Microsoft promises great visibility, but no actual impressions were posted.

Thank you!
The Surface (like every other backlit device) is not very good in the outdoors. It's not any better or any worse than other tablets that I've used.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So, is the screen readable outside on a sunny day?

Don't have much experience with a S2, especially outdoors, but if you want outdoor readability, the Nokia 2520 might be the better way to go?
They tout the outside readability of it and if it is anywhere as good as my Lumia phones have been when the outdoor readability setting is checked, then it should work very well. Just a thought, somebody with the unit should be able to give a better response to that.

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The Surface 2 maxes out at 450nits, while the 2520 is at 650nits. It is too bright indoors, and bright enough for outdoors and very visible.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
If you want to economize on battery, its not bright, if not, then it is - though less so in direct and bright sunlight. I usually have the brightness of my device at around 35% with auto-brightness enabled (which seems to work most of the time quite well).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss