sony rx 100 and surface 2 not getting recognized .

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Guys with lot of enthusiasm I bought a Sony Rx 100 mark 1 . now the problem is when I try to attach it to my surface 2 (rt) via USB it just does not get connected . I have Sony nex 5 and it gets connected to my surface 2 in instant .

Microsoft had issued a camera codec pack , I uninstalled it and re installed it again but still no use . is there any member who owns both the devices or anybody with some knowledge will help and guide me so I can connect both the devices ?

Or if not via USB , is there any other way I can transfer the pics to my surface rt ?

Any guidance and help will be truly appreciated . thanx in advance .

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Aren't your photos stored on a SD card? If so you could get a card reader or since your other camera can connect with the surface, just put that card in that camera and connect it. At least this could be a temporary solution.

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Aren't your photos stored on a SD card? If so you could get a card reader or since your other camera can connect with the surface, just put that card in that camera and connect it. At least this could be a temporary solution.
Yes that's the option , but then I don't want to carry both the cameras . cartd reader option is there thanx .
You can change the connection mode in the camera menu between USB mode and media mode
I have not changed anything in the camera , but when I attach it to my MacBook air in a instant it gets recognized , but not in surface 2 and..well in many attempts it did get connected once but the connection used to stay for a sec and then go again .

I just checked it is set to -auto . I get 3 options auto , mass storage , MTP . Do you suggest me to change something there ?
What you suggest me shall I go and change the connection mode to USB ?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
1. The CODEC pack has nothing to do with connectivity.
2. I use an SD card reader (Eye-Fi) to get files from my SD cards
3. In situations where I forgot it, I use a cable with my Df, D800, and J1. They're all connecting as USB media, and not MTP (media transfer protocol).

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
1. The CODEC pack has nothing to do with connectivity.
2. I use an SD card reader (Eye-Fi) to get files from my SD cards
3. In situations where I forgot it, I use a cable with my Df, D800, and J1. They're all connecting as USB media, and not MTP (media transfer protocol).
So do you suggest me to change something in the camera settings in the options I get ? the options are
I get 3 options
auto ,
mass storage
MTP.
I am new to photography and the rx100 hence don't know exactly on which option I must set it

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I looked into this and surprisingly it says that the drivers are included in the OS, meaning Windows 8 and probably RT. Take a look here.
Look in the device manager and if it is there uninstall it, restart and connect it again. There is a guide here.

Last edited:

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The Windows Compatibility Center says the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 20.2MP Digital Camera is compatible with Windows RT 8.1 but a "free download [is] required", probably for the relevant drivers.

Ensure your Surface 2 is fully updated via Windows Update, connect the camera directly to the tablet (i.e. not via a hub) and let the drivers get downloaded and installed completely before trying to access the device. Setting USB Mode to Auto should make the camera default to MTP for Windows 7 and above, so test by setting it explicitly to either Mass Storage or MTP (try both, it won't harm your camera). If you have no success disconnect the camera, open Device Manager, remove the driver and try again. If still no luck, let us know if it works with a Windows 8.1 PC or laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa