Sleep prevented by "Nvidia Tegra Audio" causing bad battery life

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased Surface 2 and I'm pretty happy with it.

Though yesterday I noticed it had dropped quite alot of battery when it was in sleep mode. So I did powercfg /energy.

I got an error. It sais that my surface is being prevented from entering sleep because of "Nvidia Tegra Audio"... Anyone know how to fix this?

Its up to date on Windows update.

Last edited:

E4SYFRAG

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Energy report

I Have the same issue. When I noticed the battery got drained fast even in "sleep mode" I also ran powercfg /energy and exactly the same error in the report. But if i mute the sound and run the powercfg /energy then the error is gone. I also had the exact same issue on my Surface RT which I never got solved. :(

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Energy report

I Have the same issue. When I noticed the battery got drained fast even in "sleep mode" I also ran powercfg /energy and exactly the same error in the report. But if i mute the sound and run the powercfg /energy then the error is gone. I also had the exact same issue on my Surface RT which I never got solved. :(

I just tried what you said and it worked. Muted and error was gone. Kind of alarming that they haven't fixed it since Surface RT :/ Does the drain go away aswell when you mute?

Audio driver bug that they probably never gonna fix... Sigh. Why didn't i just buy iPad.

PostItNote

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Try refreshing your device and reinstalling all windows updates BEFORE attaching a type or touch keyboard. This fixed all of my nVidia issues. I've heard that having the keyboard attached mucks up the driver update for nVidia for some reason.

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Try refreshing your device and reinstalling all windows updates BEFORE attaching a type or touch keyboard. This fixed all of my nVidia issues. I've heard that having the keyboard attached mucks up the driver update for nVidia for some reason.

I don't use any attached device. I did a factory reset without updating the latest drivers and the issue was still there. Contacted Microsoft and they are gonna exchange it, they said the error could not be solved

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I think I've tried almost everything, nothing works. Tried resetting via USB etc etc. A real pain it has been, so I guess I'll get an refurbished one. Which feels kinda meh because I bought this one brand new just like 1 week ago and now I might end up with an already used item?

Anyway, you can see my conversation with Microsoft here:
Prevented from entering sleep by "Nvidia Tegra Audio" causing - Microsoft Community

This is what the error looks like, it's in Swedish but just sais Nvidia Tegra Audio is preventing my Surface from entering sleep. Thus the battery drain.
Sk?rmbild (1).png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss