Is the Surface 2 a Competent Web Browsing Machine?

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I use sites like CodeAcademy, Lumosity, and Duolingo often on my desktop computer. Can the Surface 2 handle sites like these well enough? Also, does the Metro Internet Explorer support flash?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 2520 is also a nice tablet for surfing web , it has LTE and looks more solid and fruity :wink:

I think most Microsoft fans are trying to stay away from the fruit lol

But the Surface 2 is one of the fastest web browsing machines I've used. Loads pages very very quickly! Also full Flash so that beats out every other tablet!

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Its browsing performance is probably its best feature as far as my needs are concerned.

90% of my usage on devices like this is browsing and it was the first thing I tested when I got it. As fast as my desktop in most cases.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I use sites like CodeAcademy, Lumosity, and Duolingo often on my desktop computer. Can the Surface 2 handle sites like these well enough? Also, does the Metro Internet Explorer support flash?
Be careful. Some sites require Java or plugins, neither of which are supported by MS IE on the Surface 2. I strongly recommend getting access to a Surface 2 and using it on the sites that you need to use. But just don't stop at visiting the page and logging in. Make sure that all multimedia is available and accessible. Things like interactive whiteboards, chat sessions, video, audio, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss