Surface 2 buttons wobbling

kklkn

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Ever since I took my brand new Surface 2 out of the box, several months ago, I have found the physical buttons tend to wobble quite a little bit inside their base. I dissmissed it at first, but I find it quite annoying now, as it makes the device feel kind of "cheap" for the price I payed for it. This is the kind of problem that would never happen on an iPad for example (even though I would never buy an iPad :p).

Furthermore, I have visited 2 stores and seen 2 other surface 2, eache one presented this particular problem of button wobbling.

Can someone please tell me if every surface 2 have this problem, or just the first ones that where manufactured, and if it is worth it to pursue an exchange ?

Thank you in advance

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Loose volume buttons are common on the Surface 2. Mine doesn't exhibit that behavior but quite a few members have posted about it. It is possible that it was corrected and newly built devices don't exhibit that. I purchased my Surface 2 about 3 months ago, so that's possible.

If you are unhappy about it and they'll exchange it, sure go for it.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine close to when it was originally released. The buttons on mine are still firm - no wobble of any kind. I too have heard of folk who have complained about this. I think MSFT's quality control is a bit wobbly. And, I sure as hell hope this is NOT the case with the Surface Pro 3!!!!!

kklkn

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The thing is, I don't really know if they will exchange it or just charge me with the price of the new surface 2...

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'll give my part: the volume buttons are kinda firm. If I really focus on feeling, I can feel them slightly wobble a tiny bit. The power button does wobble, but it isn't too bad. It just moves slightly left and right. That's my part. Nothing too bad.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Just to add my two cents...

I purchased mine at release and it had this issue. So, I exchanged it a week later and that one had the wobbly button as well (along with other fit and finish issues). I decided to keep it and live with the issues and the tablet is still going strong with no problems.

So, of course, if it's bothering you reach out to them and see if they can do something for you. Otherwise, I don't think you'll find this an issue over the life of the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro