Drop in Best Buy trade-in value...is that a hint?

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I've noticed that today Best Buy dropped the trade-in value of a 32GB Surface 2 from $175 to $130. This thread isn't to argue the merits or deficits of trading in tech @ Best Buy, but to provide an opportunity to speculate the significance in the timing and/or pricing of the drop in trade-in value.

​What do you think?

Aaron Yawn

May 2, 2013
Visit site
They already have S pro 3 on display here in San Antonio, my guess is that the test on value is now less due to new tech releasing. JMO though

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Our local Targer has recycle boxes for electronics like ipods and such. I cant help but peak in it and notice some recent model ipods, iphones and such.

If you are done, Id list it on ebay.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Could it be that they are expecting people to trade their Surface 2 for a Pro 3

Unlikely because if that were the case, then logically it would make sense to keep the trade-in value of the Surface 2 as before to encourage people to actually trade-in and to take advantage of the higher off-setting of the price of the Surface Pro 3. More likely, the case is as Xandros9 mentioned above - the Surface 2 has hit some kind of a time-tech threshold. That said, the Surface 2 is not that old and there is no replacement device on the anvil at the moment (aside from speculations).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium