Surface RT review - 6 months after purchase.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I found that after I got the type cover, the RT became a whole lot better from a usability perspective. The ability to run Remote Desktop to get to anything I need is great - You can also 'stream' apps to this if you have a server infrastructure behind it (Windows Home Server would allow for this - even over the internet)

I am getting the SP3 on Friday (I've pre-ordered) but I will still keep my RT tablet

Honestly, I think I've convinced my friend to get the Surface 2 (RT) as she wants a tablet that she can also do real work on - the inclusion of Office and the slightly higher res screen (and miracast) makes the Surface 2 the perfect choice for her - i'm going to lend her my RT tablet to check out - and already told her the newer one is better than mine

The only thing that this really lacked for me is the pen/ink support (it's super crap) and it can get sluggish on occasion, oh and a complete lack of major VPN support is what really kills the RT/ARM platform from being really something I would recommend without hesitation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720