How do I use the desktop mail client?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I need some help here, and please don't tell me to use the Store Mail app. It's nice, but I just want to use the desktop version, (formerly called Outlook 2013, I believe)
I've searched it, and got nothing. Just forums telling users to use the Mail app, but that's not what I'm looking for. I just want to be able to use the desktop Mail client. When I start it up, it prompts me for a password from my ISP, but what password?!

I just want to *natively* share files via email. Don't tell me to use OneDrive, I do, but I want a native email client.
Sorry for the almost rant guys, I've been searching about this on and off for the past several months and still have not turned up anything..

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mmmm...
Office 2013 Outlook is asking for your ISP's logon pass in order to set up and any e-mail accounts provided by your service provider.
Outlook 2013 will also find and set-up g-mail (only if you like g-mail) automatically with a password entered by you.

So you'll need to find or remember your service providers main password to use outlook for your home e-mail features.
We have Xfinity/Comcast so e-mail set up with Office Outlook was very easy.
How many accounts for e-mail do you have available from your ISP?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire