Surface 2 freeze when changing source on TV/screen when connected with hdmi

johan91

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
I just recently bought a Surface 2 and I have a problem when connecting to external monitor with micro hdmi cable. It works fine when I connect to the screen (my TV). When I change source on my TV (changing from hdmi 1 to hdmi 2), my Surface stops responding. To turn it back on I have to hold in my power button and volum up. My surface is in Norwegian (im from Norway... :p ), so its not that easy to find help when searching. In the event viewer I find some events but its not much help to me. Some of the events: "Source: Kernel-Power, Event ID: 41" (I guess because of my forced shutdown), "Source: Kernel-Power, Event ID: 506" and also a lot of TPM-WMI related events, I dont know if its related to the freeze.

So then a question, is this just me or is this normal? This is the fourth time in less then a week :/

Sorry for long post and bad english

johan91

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, and the Surface is in "secondary screen only" mode. The TV has two hdmi input (hdmi 1 = Surface, hdmi 2 = Set-top box(tv box)). Switching from hdmi 1 to hdmi 2 on the TV, that's when it stops working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium