disk space (surface 2 with LTE)

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So, does everyone else have about 14 gigs worth of updates on their tablets? Like what? Haha good thing i have an sd card for videos, music, comics, etc. But my oh my that is a lot of space taken up on my main drive.

35.5 out 54.5 gigs leftover, and only 4.41 gigs are actually apps.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried running Disk Cleanup as admin and deleting all the Windows Update backups? The first time I did it I got almost 3GBs back!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I can only imagine. I do a disk cleanup pretty regularly on my Dell. Always takes at least 10 minutes for maybe a few hundred MBs. You are correct though. It is a good thing to do.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I did, I'm up to 2 gigs free now, it's weird because I don't actually have much of anything on the device. I had Spartan assault on there, but I had to get rid of it. It's like it keeps growing until it's out of space and I don't see a lot of people complaining about it online. It has happened before and I just hard reset the whole device.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Spartan assault doesnt seem to grow for me, but i havent played it in a while. I cleaned my disk last night though and freed about 2 gigs. Looks good. But i found something new *rolls eyes*.

So, when the surface turns on or worms hard, a little noise comes out of the speakers. Not stereo sound, but.. More like a scratching sound. As if.. The internals are working hard and bumping.. Im not too sure. Ill cal MSFT soon to find out.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I meant the OS, it wasn't Spartan assaults fault. That's an interesting, I'd definitely call about that. My experience with their hardware support has been good (xbox one).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon