Strange Surface problem

HansG86

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I hope to find some ideas, thoughts, and ultimately a resolution regarding the struggles I've had with my wife's Surface. I'll start from the beginning.

It went from working normally to always having a 0% charge. When the power supply is plugged in, the light is on and the batter icon says "0% available, charging." With this I allow it to sit on the charger and it never charges, always staying at 0%.

With research I thought I had identified the problem, a faulty battery. I ordered a new one and installed it today however the problem remained. My last idea was to do a factory reset before giving in and paying for a replacement.

I went through did the reset and guess what, battery began charging and eventually fully charged (new battery). I swapped my old battery back in and the result was the same. I played around and the battery drained as it normally would, nothing unusual. At this point I thought I was in the clear so I went back through, installed the back up and did a windows update.

When it booted back up, the battery recognized at 0% and I was back to square one. It's as if an update screwed the system up. I tried to repeat my first results by resetting the system but when it finished I was still at 0% and it wouldn't charge. I'm repeating this once more before I go through and throw the new battery back in and try once more... Maybe someone has some thoughts. It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue though from my success in restoring factory defaults that one time.

Any help is appreciated!

SPS828

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem with my Surface Pro 3 but mines charges after a few minuets of being at 0%. I think it might be a software problem not hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234