New Surface 2 owner question

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I just purchased a new Surface 2 from Microsoft and plugged it in to charge while turned off, waited about 2 hours then turned it on, leaving it on the charger to proceed with the setup. Is it normal for the charger block to get so hot, never had any laptop or tablet charger get this hot to the touch before.

Arun3

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Surface RT (1st gen). Never had this issue before... Would be best to take it to the MS store, if you happen to live near by.... :)

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, no Microsoft Store close by, I guess I'll call the support number and see what they say, really hope it's just the charger not and not the Surface itself.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The charger that came with my Surface 2 gets hot as well... (the part that plugs into the wall)

I'm not saying it's supposed to be like this, just saying you're not alone..

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My mother's RT has become very slow since some time ago. How do you feel yours? Maybe it was 8.1. My Surface 2 feels fast

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
My mother's RT has become very slow since some time ago. How do you feel yours? Maybe it was 8.1. My Surface 2 feels fast

8.1 actually improved matters a lot for me on the original Surface RT (freed up disk space too), but even so the device is appreciably slower than the Surface 2. The hardware differences between the two (especially the CPU) is clearly apparent.

Last edited:

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My charger gets hot too. No worries

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Last edited:

coolqf

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem happen, and I've noticed the pattern is actually the wall outlet that I plug it into. If I plug it into a surge protector first it never gets so hot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss