Wireless printer-scanner that works on Surface RT 2?

Jezston

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi -having a bit of a nightmare finding a wireless printer-scanner that will work with my surface 2.

Back in the day when I bought it, I was told by a sales rep that wireless printers work with anything, you don't need drivers, same reason you don't need drivers to connect to your router. Not true :(

Bought a Canon printer-scanner yesterday, cannot work.

Have been recommended hp eprint printers, however this is just a service where you send an attachment to an email address and your printer prints it out. Nice idea, but that's not proper printing, and it won't help me scan!

So, does anyone know a good wireless printer scanner that DOES work with surface 2 rt?

Looking for something up to Uk?150, and has separate C,M,Y carts for decent economy.

Thanks!

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I know I had an HP printer that had wireless printing when it was connected via CAT cable to my router. Would that be a viable option?
Edit: It worked wirelessly with my old Surface RT 1

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I would suggest two things:

If the printer scanner is wireless, make sure that you have entered your router password into the printer so it can communicate with your Wi Fi.

Secondly, if your printer scanner is not Wi Fi capable, run an internet cable from your printer to the back of your wireless router. that should show the printer on your setup.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
We have several different HP wireless printers in the house and all work flawlessly with our SP2, S2 and SRT. Didn't even have to do anything to set them up they were just there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro