Surface 2 questions

godse573

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Alright readers, ive got a couple of questions for the crowd. Currently, I am running my surface 2 with a 1080i 27" television monitor, via mini hdmi. I have audio output from the tv to a set of speakers. I have a 4 port Amazonbasics usb 3.0 powered hub, with a mouse receiver and a 4 port Amazonbasics usb 2.0 nonpowered hub with a usb wired keyboard attached to that. The reason why i have two open usbs on the 3.0 hub is because I am soon getting an external (powered) hard drive, and a dvd drive. Now that you know my set up, here are my questions:

1. Why when i attempt to wake my surface from sleep, nothing does the trick. I try spamming the spacebar, clicking, everything. This only occurs after long periods of sleep, not short. When i unplug and plug my second usb hub in, that solves the problem. Any way to bypass this?

2. I understand that there is no way to physically modify audio output, i.e. bass, treble. Much like how my television does, except my television outputs a ton of white noise which is very irritating. Suggestions?

3. I am planning on purchasing an external dvd drive to watch movies or play music from dvd/cd's. I've read in several instances that the RT version of windows does not have the codec to be able to read the files off of optical drives, simply because Microsoft hasn't paid for the license. Any way around this?

4. I have thoroughly researched this, but there is no possible way to store windows apps in any other place than the C:\ drive. This sucks. I know that in RT8 you could do this, but what am i giving up to revert back to it, and what exactly is the process. Is it worth it?

Thanks guys

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
1. Why when i attempt to wake my surface from sleep, nothing does the trick. I try spamming the spacebar, clicking, everything. This only occurs after long periods of sleep, not short. When i unplug and plug my second usb hub in, that solves the problem. Any way to bypass this?

What I did was disable the password requirement. Haven't had a single issue since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234