Battery drain with "Unregistered Device SE"? Maybe this is the solution ...

wLhg

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Some of you have a huge battery drain with "Unregistered Device SE" in standby-mode/the surface drains battery over night. See here, here and here. Maybe this women found the solution:

Why My Surface Does Not Sleep - Battery Drain Problems - LoveMySurfaceLoveMySurface

Here is what I did (and what you can do) to figure out why my (or your) Surface does not sleep:

1. Open Command Prompt with elevated privileges - In Desktop Mode, right-click on the Start Button - Chose Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Type the following (exactly, including spaces – you can use a “/” or a “-” before the switch):

powercfg /requests

3. Examine the results for any drivers or apps that are making requests.

powercfg2__1.jpg

In my case, the Nvidia Tegra Audio driver was constantly being used. This was curious as I was not doing anything with voice or audio on my Surface and hadn’t for quite some time. I restarted my Surface and re-ran the command above and got the same result. This told me that there was definitely something wonky about this driver.

4. The fix: issue the following command to tell the system to ignore all power requests made by the audio driver

powercfg /requestsoverride DRIVER nvaenum System

TADA! – That fixed my problem!

In case you’re wondering, I did test the audio after the fix and while playing a song I ran the powercfg /requests command and the driver did reappear. However, as soon as I stopped playing it, the driver no longer showed – this is normal behavior.

If you’re having similar battery drain problems and your Surface does not sleep, try going through the same steps. You may have a different driver or application draining your battery. If so, simply substitute it for the nvaenum driver I had.

anon(8195883)

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
This shows up in my report as well, but doesn't seem to drain my battery much. I am using RT IR5

Screenshot (1).png

The only reason I can think of that sound would be running is for mail notifications...I hear them when my Surface 2 is sleeping.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans