TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Paul Thurrott seems to think this will be the default logo on all MS devices from here on out. Look at the Band and HoloLens; they also don't have any lettering.

I have a feeling that phones will say "Microsoft" on the front, but just have the four squares on the back.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
The simplicity of their logo is all it takes to be recognizable. Regardless of the size of the device one will recognize the logo no matter what the scale of it is.

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The simplicity of their logo is all it takes to be recognizable. Regardless of the size of the device one will recognize the logo no matter what the scale of it is.

The scale has nothing to with what I dislike. The logo on the kickstand for the Surface 3 is just four squares nothing special about it at all. Where as the logo on my Lumia 920 is very similar except that it has been warped to add an almost perspective look to it which I feel is just perfect, it is very simple but no too simple.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
The scale has nothing to with what I dislike. The logo on the kickstand for the Surface 3 is just four squares nothing special about it at all. Where as the logo on my Lumia 920 is very similar except that it has been warped to add an almost perspective look to it which I feel is just perfect, it is very simple but no too simple.

I get it. The logo has always been represented by 4 square like icons. It's their trademark. They change it up every few years. I think it works well enough to convey that it is Microsoft. I actually like it.

John Steffes

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Surface RT and Surface Pro - Windows Logo
Surface 2, Surface Pro 2, Surface Pro 3 - Surface Branded
Surface 3 back to the Windows Logo...

According to Microsoft during the Surface 2/Pro 2 keynote, one of the highest request, having the Surface Branding...

I thought they listened to their customers?

kingv84

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Surface RT and Surface Pro - Windows Logo
Surface 2, Surface Pro 2, Surface Pro 3 - Surface Branded
Surface 3 back to the Windows Logo...

According to Microsoft during the Surface 2/Pro 2 keynote, one of the highest request, having the Surface Branding...

I thought they listened to their customers?

The logo on Surface 3 is the Microsoft logo and not Windows. This is going to be the logo used on all future devices from MS. It is simple and recognizable like the shiny Apple logo on Apple devices.

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I like the logo very much. I hope they stick with it. It is recognizable, simple, and looks more elegant than brandished working. Seems more high end...and faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss