Deep Sleep

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Had a Surface RT, and Surface 2. Both never really entered Deep Sleep before. Put them to sleep at night, and in the morning, instant on.

With the Surface 3, I'm seeing Deep Sleep. I put it to sleep at night, and when I wake up in the morning and turn it on, it gives me the Surface logo and Windows loading - like it was shut down.

Seems like if it's asleep for more than 4 hours it does this. Anyone else having this happen?

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's happening with mine and it's normal. There's information about it in the Surface app that came installed. If the tablet is in a "Sleep" state for several hours, it switches to a "Hibernation" state to conserve power. So when you wake up in the morning, the tablet has been in a "Hibernation" state. It still launches faster from the "Hibernation" state than from being fully shut down.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah - I just read about it on the MS site. Apparently switching to Intel gave it the same sleep system as the Surface Pro 3.

I think I can disable that feature by running the command: POWERCFG -H OFF

That should disable hibernation - and prevent it from going into deep sleep. Just means it'll lose power faster, but should be instant on all the time.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm OK with it going into a Hibernation state since I like to save power. It doesn't take very long to wake up anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99