Noticed a new Surface 3 at Starbucks today!

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
didn't expect to see it in the wild so fast since it just got released. Not 100% it was S3 but it looked smaller than the SP3 and it had the shiny square Microsoft logo on the bag.

Still using my trusty SP2.

Will be trading in my S2 for an S3 this weekend.

still no skins available for the Surface 3, looking at Decal Girl. Hopefully they're released soon. I like to have my Surface machines protected. The scratches on my SP2 drove me crazy until I covered them up.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Cool! I still haven't seen any Surfaces in the wild. I might just happen to go to the wrong Starbucks. Perhaps if I went to a Starbucks near a university I'd see some Surfaces.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I've seen quite a few SP3s, almost all students. SP2/SP1 were less common and tended to be businessmen. Saw only a couple S2 or SRT over the course of a year.

But saw my first S3 today.

Actually if you attend a trade show, you will see a lot of vendors using the Surface Pro 1/2. I guess it's because of the time it takes systems to be implemented among a sales team. I went to a pharmacist trade show the other week, and I would say 30% of the vendors used Surface Pro 2 while the remaining 70% were mostly Thinkpads and Dell laptops.

gtbbong89

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey armorsuit skins are on sale. Go to their website its 30%off with discount code. They sell Carbon clear and white carbon. I paid arouns 20 dollars for mine with coupon hope this helps!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey armorsuit skins are on sale. Go to their website its 30%off with discount code. They sell Carbon clear and white carbon. I paid arouns 20 dollars for mine with coupon hope this helps!

How do those hold up to use with the Pen? That's what's holding me back right now. I really want some protection for this bad boy.

gtbbong89

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey amorsuit screen protectors will not work with surface 3 pen. Im getting that for the body cover. Its 20 dollars with coupon.

If you want a screen protector that works with surface 3 pen go to amazon and type

Green Onions Supply Crystal Oleo Phobic Screen Protector for 10.8-Inch Microsoft Surface 3 (RT-SPMS307)

I posted up another thread and there is the exact name for this scree. Protector. Its 24.99 free shipping.

Hope this helps!

gtbbong89

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
How do those hold up to use with the Pen? That's what's holding me back right now. I really want some protection for this bad boy.

Hey amorsuit screen protectors will not work with surface 3 pen. Im getting that for the body cover. Its 20 dollars with coupon.

If you want a screen protector that works with surface 3 pen go to amazon and type

Green Onions Supply Crystal Oleo Phobic Screen Protector for 10.8-Inch Microsoft Surface 3 (RT-SPMS307)

Its 24.99 free shipping.

Hope this helps!

Wildo6882

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

I posted up another thread and there is the exact name for this scree. Protector. Its 24.99 free shipping.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, just ordered that one.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
if you want the best pen experience i would wait for JOTO to release a matte screen protector. used their brand on my SP3 and pen is amazing. increased friction making it more like paper, no pen marks, unnoticeable decrease in screen sharpness.

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I was also at Starbucks today with my new Surface 3. I see Surface Pro 3s there regularly. And I work with a government agency that just deployed hundreds of Pro 3s. I expect the Surface 3 will do well too.

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
There are lots of Surface Pro 3's around here (a US university), and there will be at least one Surface 3 here come the Fall!

tanyasmiths

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Wow, this is cool but it's kinda pricey. I had my Surface Pro 3 and I'm loving it. I have IllumiShield screen protector on it and it's keeping my tab in mint condition. No touch or tactile sensitivity issue.

P_Devil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have come across one Surface Pro 3 in the wild and it was at a Panera restaurant. The majority of notebooks/tablets I see on campus are MacBooks and iPads. I did see one Surface Pro 2 in February and I'll see the occasional notebook from Acer, Alienware, HP, and Dell but most are made by Apple.

I've been carrying my Surface 3 around with my everywhere and I'm about the only one as of now. Kind of sad, really. I'm sure more people would buy a Surface if they actually used it. The Microsoft name and negative (non-warranted) views of Windows 8 seem to hurt it. I was part of that camp until I actually picked up a Surface Pro 2 and used it.

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The easiest way to tell the different between the Surface 3 and the Surface Pro 3 is to see if it has vents.

I'd say the easiest way to decipher the difference is the badging. The Surface 3 has the Microsoft symbol on the back (kickstand), but the SP3 just says Surface on the kickstand. :cool:

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I see only Apple and various Android devices whenever I'm in public. Glad to see some people like the Surface (I don't own one, probably won't in the next few years)

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Where were you, at least what city? I had my Surface 3 out at a Starbucks shortly after picking it up from Best Buy.

Didn't know if you were addressing me... :winktongue: I saw it in Orange, CA. Kind of off the beaten path. This was one of the bigger Starbucks I've ever been to and my first time to this location (but I'm a Starbucks junkie that visits many of them across Orange County and the rest of SoCal.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
While in the airport lounge, I saw several Japanese businessmen using Surface Pro 3s, while I had my teeny tiny little Surface 2. Wanted to talk to them, but my Japanese is mediocre. Then I saw an American businessman using the Surface Pro 3 too. I felt happy in that lounge (they had free flowing beer too!) :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12